Share this information.
TIRANA INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT OPERATIONS RETURN TO NORMAL
On 1 December 2017, operations at Tirana International Airport (TIA) returned to normal, with very little impact on flight operations the day after heavy rain that flooded many areas of Albania.
All flight operations are working normally, apart from a few delays. In response to enquiries from the media TIA would like to highlight the following:
- On 30 November 2017, two flights scheduled to land at 21.50 were diverted. The two flights, of Pegasus Airlines and Blue Panorama, landed at Skopje and at Bari, respectively. Later, Pegasus Airlines landed in Tirana at 02.50 hrs, while Blue Panorama accommodated the passengers at a hotel in Bari. The BP flight left Bari at 09.00 hrs, landing in Tirana at 09.35.
- Turkish Airlines, Austrian Airlines and Alitalia cancelled their midnight flights and operated them today, 1 December.
- Fly Ernest passengers with Milan destination, departed at 00.30 hrs once the weather conditions had improved sufficiently.
- On 1 December, flights returned to normal, though with some delays, already announced on the Tirana International Airport website: www.tirana-airport.com. So far, the delays have affected passengers flying to Rome and Instanbul.
- Clearly the weather has been very poor and has affected flights at TIA, with some cancelled and two diverted. However, together with airlines, Authorities of Civil Aviation and business partners,have succeeded in returning operations back to normal.
- Throughout this situation, TIA put safety first, and pays tribute to all of its employees, its team, and all others involved in protecting people in the flooded areas. TIA appeals for solidarity and empathy to all those affected, and not just the Airport.
- Passengers landing at TIA are kindly asked to consult official state sources before continuing their onward journeys, and to drive safely along those roads that are now open.
- For assistance, please phone the TIA Information Centre: +355 4 238 1800, or +355 4 238 1600.
Share this information.
Below you will find an overview of our latest published press releases and publications that serve to inform the public in the most accurate and transparent possible way.
Handpicked holiday deals, inspiration and the latest travel tips, straight to your inbox.